Senior Animal Keeper
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Are you interested in being the Senior Animal Keeper for the Peoria Zoo? Apply online today.
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000
- In the absence of the Curator of Animals, contact veterinary service in case of emergencies, procure essential supplies, and communicate with appropriate senior staff members when problems arise.
- Assist and mentor Animal Keepers to achieve the highest level of well-being by facilitating animal training sessions including evaluations and staying current on industry standards and best practices.
- Perform Animal Keeper duties for species/exhibits assigned by supervisor.
- Care for the wild and domestic animals in the Zoo's collection.
- Assist in the handling of animals, distribution of medications, assist in surgery, and record keeping of medications to the assigned string.
- Maintain accurate records and paperwork necessary to maintain a captive animal population.
- Participate in behavioral enhancement for the animal collection.
- Report emergencies and unusual situations to appropriate personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks as needed. Assist in exhibit repair and construction. Ensure exhibits are properly maintained for the species displayed and the general public.
- Assume responsibility for knowing, being trained, and following all safety procedures that pertain to the duties performed. Support all aspects of the Park District's safety program.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
See attachment for full job description.
Peoria Park DistrictPeoria, IL
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Animal Keeper jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.