- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
$50k Signing Bonus available!
Can you picture yourself in a tranquil hometown with low-cost housing and great earning potential?
Peoria Area Veterinary Group has proudly served Peoria, Illinois, and the surrounding area for over 55 years. We are a small animal practice nestled in a vibrant small-town community between Chicago, IL, and St. Louis, MO. Our hospitals are fully equipped and have a large and wonderful client base. We have up-to-date diagnostic equipment and an onsite lab. We also have the willingness to accept most surgeries and provide great learning opportunities or the ability to refine your current skill set. Ask us more about our Cancer Clinic!
At PAVG we pride ourselves in providing our clients with excellent service and superb patient care to maintain the highest quality of life for our patients. We treating each pet and patient as if it were one of our own. We offer nearly any service a pet owner could ask for and our staff is highly trained to be able to assist the doctor in whatever circumstance may arise.
We are looking for a passionate veterinarian with a deep appreciation and commitment to veterinary medicine to join our experienced, long-tenured team.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions
- Provide patients with an elevated level of veterinary care while utilizing the latest advances in diagnostics.
- A client service mindset with desire and ability to bring, build, and retain a strong client base.
- Enthusiasm about giving back to and building relationships with the local community.
- The ability to champion the practice’s objectives and values and inspire others.
- Dedication to efficiently handling caseloads and maintaining accurate records using SOAP templates for treatment plans and recommendations.
- Promote a collaborative working environment and encourage the value of teamwork.
- Prioritize traumatic injuries and serious illnesses to ensure all animals receive time-sensitive care.
- Educate clients on the importance of vaccinations, heartworm treatments, flea and tick treatments, and other aspects of preventive care.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
- State Veterinary Board License in good standing
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options
- Long Term Disability options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000
- Generous Continuing Education allowance
- Personal Pet Discounts
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Paid Holidays
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Peoria is known as the "Illinois’ River City", located on the Illinois River. Discover the natural abundance of outdoor activities available! We offer local access to world-class mountain biking, hiking, parks, museums, amazing restaurants, wineries, and craft beer. It is a great area to raise a family, with excellent schools and resources for young families. HGTV’s “Cheap Old Houses” came here to spotlight our beautiful (and affordable) historic homes. Be a part of a growing community that is close enough to Chicago to enjoy what the big city can offer and far enough away to have access to many natural resources.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Peoria Area Veterinary Group of PeoriaChillicothe, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.