Groomer - Part Time
Groomer – Part Time
We are seeking an experienced groomer for a busy veterinary hospital. Candidate will be responsible for providing professional grooming services using the knowledge of canine characteristics and grooming styles and techniques. We are looking for a candidate with an excellent work ethic and who is passionate about grooming.
Responsibilities and Duties
Groomer must have excellent animal handling skills, along with strong knowledge and understanding in the grooming techniques of all breeds of dogs, experience is welcomed but not necessary. The responsibilities and duties of this role include:
- Greet pets as they come in and build a strong bond with clients
- Must be able to independently perform all grooming tasks including bathing, drying, clean ears, brushing, de-matting, breed-standard cuts, teeth brushing, and nail trimming, etc.
- Groom and style pets per owners' instructions and/or according to breed standards
- Ability to groom a wide variety of dog breeds keeping current with style trends
- Develop long-term relationships with pet parents by understanding their needs and recommending products and services that will keep their pet healthy and happy
- Community outreach to attract new neighbors into our salon
- Perform routine cleaning to keep the grooming environment fun and inviting (e.g. cleaning the grooming equipment, sweeping, vacuuming, organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing cages, tubs, etc.)
- Keep records of grooming details for each visit
- 2+ years’ grooming/styling experience; proficient in scissoring and clipper work is paramount
- Operate and use all grooming tools and equipment including bathing tubs, brushes, steel combs, barber shears, scissors, clippers, driers, and bathing products such as perfumed shampoo and soaps
- Formal training or certification is desired but not necessary
Benefits and Perks
- Personal Pet Discounts
- Salary: 50% commission (plus tips)
Peoria Area Veterinary Group provides our clients with excellent service and superb patient care to maintain the highest quality of life for our patients. We pride ourselves on treating each pet and patient as if it were one of our own and our doctors and staff work hard to provide the pets we see with top-tier veterinary care. We pride ourselves on offering nearly any service a pet owner could ask for. Our clinic is equipped to offer your pet instant veterinary care, and a treatment plan. We have up-to-date diagnostic equipment such as blood chemistry, radiology, ultrasound, and ECG. Our staff is highly trained to be able to assist the doctor in whatever circumstance may arise in your pet.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Peoria Area Veterinary Group of ChillicotheChillicothe, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.