- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you a community leader who is passionate about and well-versed in community land trusts, affordable housing, or urban development? Would you love the opportunity to build a new nonprofit from the ground up and work with the Board of Directors on strategic initiatives? This start-up social enterprise, whose mission is to provide quality affordable housing to strengthen communities, is looking for their first Executive Director! You will lead the team in fundraising, financial deliverables (budgeting and fiscal management for home-building expenses), build public-private partnerships, and handle public relations as the “face” of the organization in the community. This is a full-time, permanent position based in sunny Jacksonville, Florida. The right candidate will work a hybrid schedule, split remote and in the office.
- Demonstrated understanding of real estate industry, either from a construction or public sector perspective
- Experience developing affordable housing rental units and/or single-family homes start-to-finish, and record of managing the portfolio with a high level of safety & resident satisfaction
- Background leading successful fundraising comprised of a mix of public, private, and CRA funds
- Ability to successfully write grants
- Prior leadership role in a start-up nonprofit, growing staff & budget by at least 50%
- Experience developing and maintaining stakeholder support (both public & private) for affordable housing
- Capability to balance an organizational budget that includes operational and development expenditures
- A completed training or certification in land trust, affordable housing, community development, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in related field
Why Work for This Company?
- Competitive salary ($90,000-$120,000) and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan)
- Generous relocation reimbursement
- Location with beautiful beaches, temperate climate, and largest U.S. city per land mass
- Nonprofit with a mission you can feel good about advancing, making a difference in the local community
- Opportunity to leave a legacy and springboard your career while building a new model in a competitive market
EducationView all jobs at Peoplr