Commercial Relationship Officer (CRE) / Northern Maryland
- Posted: over a month ago
Develops and maintains relationships through commercial loan accounts that meet established lending requirements and provides maximum profitability to the Bank at minimum risk.
Market: Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County Maryland
Essential Requirements, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages commercial banking relationships.
- Engage in consistent calling efforts in order to build new commercial relationships for the Bank taking a holistic approach to a client relationships, focusing on both lending needs and all other financial solutions offered
- Complete all required training to understand PB Culture and BRAVO, and demonstrate the PB client conversation model regularly in client and prospect interaction
- Interviews applicants, gathers and evaluates financial and related data to establish credit worthiness, establishes and re-negotiates credit terms, when necessary.
- Continually monitors clients' financial condition and repayment progress. Assesses clients' banking and financial needs. Takes appropriate corrective action and prompt communication with appropriate parties at the Bank to disclose any client performance concerns.
- Competency in evaluating credit risks and understanding cash flow to quickly identify qualifications of new lending opportunities
- Meets with clients to discuss new loan requests, loan renewals, and loan modifications. Completes Loan Analysis Reports (LARs), Modifications (MODs), and Line of Credit Renewals as required.
- Makes loan presentations to the Senior Loan Officers Committee and/or Board of Directors as required.
- Represents the bank in community organizations and activities to enhance the bank's image and maintain and enhance a referral network for business development opportunities.
- Refers clients requiring specialized products and services to other areas of the bank as appropriate. Maintains a working knowledge of all Bank products and services to recognize opportunity.
- Establish working knowledge of Bank's systems to effectively complete client research and input required lending information.
- Analyzes past due report on weekly basis and contacts delinquent accounts for collection of payments.
- Attend settlements and meet with customers to have documents executed as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recommends modifications to bank lending policies and procedures; ensures that necessary changes are implemented expeditiously.
- Updates knowledge and develops professionally on a continuing basis through various training resources.
- Understands the Bank's BSA/AML Policy, including satisfactory completion of required annual BSA/AML training as applicable to position and appropriately applying this knowledge to daily activities and responsibilities, specifically understanding that any suspicious activity must be reported to the BSA Officer immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational & Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of prior commercial lending experience preferred, or comparable experience in commercial lending portfolio management or credit roles.
- Thorough understanding of Financial Statements, tax returns, and credit approval process.
- Strong human relations, communication, sales, financial leadership and analytical skills.
- Strong well-developed interpersonal skills in order to maximize business contacts and develop a working relationship with potential and current commercial customers.
- Motivation and drive must be exhibited.
- Interact effectively and communicate with customers via telephone and email.
- Interact effectively with all Bank employees.
- Must be bondable.
- Prior Commercial Real Estate lending experience preferred
- Understanding of risks and underwriting associated with commercial real estate, including but not limited to understanding NOI, cap rates, rollover risk, and identification of different building and tenant classes
- Understanding of risks and underwriting associated with land development lending and construction, including but not limited to structuring spec vs presold construction, understanding absorption and discounted cash flow valuations, and governmental approval process for projects
- Build full relationships by partnering with calling partners to offer cash management solutions to CRE clients in addition to recommending other needs like wealth, merchant, and residential mortgages
- Experience with swaps or similar products preferred
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressHunt Valley, MD
BusinessView all jobs at PeoplesBank