Commercial Portfolio Manager (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to PeoplesBank! We are the largest mutually chartered bank in Western Mass and we are located in Northern CT and West Hartford, CT. We are a leader in green values, sustainable energy financing, and charitable giving. We operate in the best interest of our customers and strive to be an inclusive and engaging work environment. We offer excellent compensation, workplace flexibility, and a competitive benefits package to our associates. Our award-winning culture has earned us recognition as Best Place to Work and Best Local Bank. Come join our team of dedicated and innovative individuals and contribute to our dynamic, successful organization!
Summary: The Commercial Portfolio Manager is responsible for gathering financial and general business information pertaining to customer and prospect loan requests. The position is responsible for performing financial analysis needed to make credit decisions and ensures quality of work to ensure the consistency and timeliness of underwriting.
This role may be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match the needs and role requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Credit Administration Functions
- Obtains information from the Lender/borrower and interfaces with the Credit Department to ensure annual reviews and renewals are completed on a timely basis for the assigned credit. May include interacting with customer to obtain needed financial information and any other documentation required to complete the reviews
- Upon receipt of financial statements, drafts a loan comment which will include a cursory review of the credit, cash flow and covenant test. At lender’s direction, execute strategy if there is a violation of covenants.
- Construction Loan Monitoring- ensure advances adhere to Loan Policy and the bank’s construction loan procedures. Monitor advances in comparison to budget and ensure that all requisite documents required by the state and prudent lending practices are obtained prior to disbursement.
- Monitors and clears financial and legal exceptions.
- Customer Contact
- Backup support for assigned lenders -will be a borrower’s secondary contact in the absence of the lender. Will answer customer inquiries or direct customer to answer source as needed with the goal to deliver a positive customer experience.
- New opportunities – Shared responsibility with lender for the credit process early on in the relationship. Assist with call preparation and calling on client or prospect with lender when possible. Lender will maintain oversight of the deal and structure but the portfolio manager will be responsible for preparing the deal summaries presented to the Senior Leadership in Commercial Lending. Deal summary to be a pre-screen assessment of the credit to include an analysis of the financial condition, cash and collateral as well as risks within the frame work of the bank’s credit culture. The PM will also be the liaison with Credit in obtaining additional information in order for the deal to be underwritten in accordance with the bank’s standards. Follows loan from application to closing, a process which may include ordering and reviewing commitment letters, ordering appraisals, ordering 21Es, and working with the attorneys as well ensuring underwriting conditions are met prior to closing.
- Attend closings with the assigned lenders, become familiar with the legal documentation of a transaction. Assist lender in preparing the closing comment for the file.
- Broaden loan collection experience. Monitor delinquency and overdrafts of the accounts of the assigned lenders and own portfolio. Begin working through the collection process by monitoring delinquency weekly and contacting customers for payment directly. Work with the assigned lender on collection efforts and be included in customer meetings in order to learn the different approaches to working with accounts in distress.
- When applicable, prepare quarterly watched asset reports at the discretion of assigned lenders.
- Portfolio Management
- Perform periodic inspections at customer sites to ensure adherence to loan agreements and terms.
- Partner with Credit and Lending teams to address exceptions identified by internal/external auditors or examiners.
- Prepare credit packages for annual reviews, renewals, loan requests and watched assets.
- Manages portfolio for compliance on a continual basis, including but not limited to testing and monitoring ongoing financial covenants and statements.
- Completes all yearly compliance training and testing and complies with bank, federal, and state regulations. Adheres to departmental and bank-wide service standards.
- Other duties may be assigned as the business need dictates.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel and Insight as well as other internal bank systems
Other skills and knowledge: The individual who holds the position should have experience in underwriting a variety of credits; both commercial real estate as well as C & I.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work in a fast-pace office environment. Candidate will work primarily normal business hours, by may require flexibility in schedule to accommodate business and project’s needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to keyboard; and to hear or talk. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, reach, grasp, and pull. The associate is occasionally required to lift, carry, kneel, crouch, and drive. Associate must have ability to focus on computer screen for long periods, ability to read detailed printouts.
Real EstateView all jobs at PeoplesBank
Get fresh Director Commercial Banking jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.