Job Location: 10725 W. National Avenue, West Allis, WI
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Are you looking to coach and lead a dedicated team of commercial bankers? Build a career that provides work/life balance, where you can focus on providing great service to customers, with a like-minded team of co-workers. Peoples State Bank is ready to add a Vice President, Commercial Banking to our new community bank in West Allis. We're a welcoming team - ready to support your career goals - focused on collaboration and commitment to provide the best service to our commercial customers. Admire the company you work for. Join the Peoples team!
What does a Vice President of Commercial Banking Do?
As our Vice President, Team Leader, Commercial Banking, you'll lead, mentor, train, manage and coach our Milwaukee market commercial banking team. You'll build and expand customer relationships and help provide that community bank customer focused service through our various commercial loans ensuring attention to detail in terms of credit risk and follow-up on post-closings. You'll collaborate closely with our market leader to ensure continued success of Peoples State Bank in West Allis and surrounding Milwaukee communities.
Vice President, Commercial Banking Responsibilities:
- Conduct performance coaching and management of the commercial bankers to ensure they are developing and meeting their sales goals.
- Develop and maintain an environment in which staff can find motivation, be engaged in their work through effective communication and recognition and rewards programs.
- Assist lenders with credit approvals and work closely with credit administration team to ensure we are underwriting effectively to mitigate risk and maintaining our credit culture.
- Collaborate with the market leader to establish an annual business development plan and goals for local market with the objective of fostering Bank growth through mutually beneficial account relationships.
- Maintain an active calling program on an existing customer portfolio, deepening existing relationships by providing all necessary banking services including loans, deposits, treasury management and investment services.
- Develop and maintain an active calling program on prospective new customers with a focus on small and middle market opportunities.
- Receive and screen loan applications.
- Direct and participate in the closing of approved commercial loan agreements.
- Monitor and review assigned commercial loan portfolio on a regular basis.
- Identify and manage call referrals/joint calls with other bankers for other bank-related services for cross selling opportunities.
- Participation in community events and activities to support Pride in Peoples and network with other community leaders.
Vice President, Commercial Banking Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of commercial banking/lending and credit experience.
- Management experience in the banking industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance and/or accounting or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with credit administration.
Why should you apply?
- Freedom and flexibility to focus on your team, customers, family and community
- Opportunity to serve customers in a community bank environment
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Plenty of paid time off to provide work/life balance
- Current technology to keep you connected to your team and customers
- Volunteer paid time off for supporting your local community
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Peoples State Bank