We need your help pulling weeds on a Hemp Farm. We provide transportation as well as pay out 24 hours after the end of your shift. This is not a commitment you can pick and choose the days you would like to work.
1. Education on HEMP PLANTS
Ø These plants/crops are NOT marijuana plants, someone could literally smoke the whole field and it would do nothing. There is no THC in these plants, they are hemp plants that are only used for CBD etc...
Ø You are there to weed around the hemp plants, it is imperative you DO NOT pull the wrong plants
Ø It is important you pay CLOSE attention when being given orders/directions, we cannot go there and mess their crops up because we are not paying attention.
Ø When pulling weeds, you need to go up the aisle and work 2 rows at a time. When pulling weeds, you through them in front of you and walk on them, not to the sides or behind. The faster you go, the better but you have to be doing it correctly.
Ø If you are to slow, complain about the job, take too many breaks or pull the wrong plants they will unfortunately DNR you so please make sure you are working better than everyone around you and STAY POSITIVE!
2. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT JOB, PEOPLE’S LIVES DEPEND ON IT, PLEASE DO YOUR BEST. Just to be up front, this is going to be hard work, in the sun. Constant kneeling to pull weeds etc. You must be okay with this before accepting. The customer is concerned with the quality of our services/people. Please know this job is very important and we need to represent PeopleReady well. There is a huge potential for consistent work if we do well!
3. Van Routes-We are only running certain routes and if something happens where you need to leave early, you will either need to wait it out, unpaid, in the tent for the next van to come OR you can call for your own ride home. If you would like to drive yourself, this is okay as long as you are on time and do not plan to leave early. We are providing van rides for free right now.
Ø Wear a hat/ball cap if they have one
Ø Light colored clothing, BLACK CLOTHING ATTRACTS THE SUN
Ø Short sleeves are okay but long sleeves will protect you from sun burns & bugs.
Ø No sandals, comfortable gym shoes
Ø Pants would be best when kneeling in dirt etc., something light preferably but shorts are okay as well
Ø Work gloves, we will provided
5. Bathrooms & Shade- There will be an onsite portable bathroom, we will provide hand sanitizer, There will be a tent with some shade and chairs to take breaks when needed
6. Food & Beverage- Everyone bring a lunch with ice pak, Insulated lunch boxes are best, we won’t have enough coolers for people’s lunches. We recommend you bring your own Beverages and food, there is nothing around. If you do not have an ice pak, we recommend frozen bottles of water to keep your lunch cold but also to drink as it melts
7. Work environment- This job requires you to be able and work in all temperatures/weather. You should not accept if you have sensitivity to the sun or heat or if you are not physically fit to bend/kneel consistently
8. Signing in/out- You will sign in by checking in with the branch or our driver before getting on the van. The timesheets will be given to our drivers and they will do roll calls with the customer when picking up. Your hours most likely will not get paid until the next day since shifts are ending later in the day.