Premier Elkhart employer is now hiring formachine operators / general production positions. Our client is a stable, growing, family owned company that has been in business for over 60 years. Our client manufactures a complete line of hardware for sliding, folding, and pocket doors.
General production duties could include :
operating wood saws
loading and unloading steel, aluminum and wood
operating glue line and screw counting machines
Ideal candidates must be able to lift up to 70 pounds occassionally, be comfortable bending, twisting, climbing, sitting, standing, lifting, etc for up to a 9 hour shift.
1st and 2nd shift positions available
1st shift - 7am -330pm
2nd shift - 330pm-midnight
Pays $13.60-$13.80 per hour
QUICK 30 DAY HIRE IN
Additional Duties and Responsibilities of General Labor, Manufacturing, General Production, and Machine Operator Positions:
* Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
* Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
* Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
* Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
* Identify and mark materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
* Load materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
* Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
* Weigh or measure materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
* Fasten, package, or stack materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
* Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
* Transfer materials and products to and from machinery and equipment, using industrial trucks or hand trucks.
* Add chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.
* Open and close gates of belt and pneumatic conveyors on machines that are fed directly from preceding machines.
* Shovel or scoop materials into containers, machines, or equipment for processing, storage, or transport.