Accounts Payable Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Peoplelink Staffing Solutions is working with a renowned packaging solutions company to hire an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist,
Hour: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
· Verification of incoming PO and Non-PO invoices.
· Process AP documents including requests from the plants, reminders, invoices, statements, etc.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, scheduling and preparing payment runs, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
· Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
· Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing payment proposals
· Requesting necessary changes; adding new VM records according to the company policy
· Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
· Preparing analyses of accounts and producing month-end reports.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Continuing to engage and share ideas to improve the AP processes
· Supporting accounts payable needs for three to five locations.
· Perform other tasks related to the AP/AR process.
What do you need to succeed?
· Proven working experience as accounts payable clerk (or accounts receivable clerk)
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.
· High level problem solver and ability to effectively multitask to meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple remote teams throughout a geographic region.
· Independently research and problem solve on their own to provide timely responses in resolving discrepancies with accounts payables.
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
· Experience working with Enterprise8 ERP software is a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
· Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Ability to work Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in an office environment along with the ability to work overtime when needed to meet business demands.
Peoplelink Staffing Solutions
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Peoplelink Staffing Solutions
Get fresh Accounts Payable Staff jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.