Sr. Technical Artist
Peoplefun Richardson, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it.
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented Sr. Technical Artist in the casual/mobile space who has a deep passion for games & technology, and is experienced in bringing ideas to life in game engines. This position requires someone with a wide range of abilities in art AND technology to solve creative and complex problems. Its imperative that you have the ability to quickly put art into the engine and iterate on it with the entire team. You will be an integral part of the art and asset creation pipeline and working on some of the biggest projects in the mobile industry. As a Sr. Technical Artist you will work directly with other developers to identify and solve problems creatively, optimize workflows, and push the visual boundaries of our successful games. As a Sr Technical Artist at PeopleFun, you will be surrounded by other discipline leads who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every day.
- Ability to quickly create and interpret ideas into playable prototypes (within Unity), that can eventually become fully realized, captivating gameplay sequences and features.
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through prototype and release- Having the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with the team to iterate and push ideas forward, but also knowing when to slow down, and have the craftsmanship ability to polish assets to a Best-in-Class release quality
- Supports team closely with programmers, able to speak design with designers, and talk timelines with production, and communicate well with everyone on a tightly-knit game development team.
- Create and push the boundaries of artwork in the mobile games that PeopleFun works on.
- 5+ years prior professional experience as an artist developing games in Mobile Games.
- Excellent Technical abilities in mobile game engine technology, and ability to creatively solve problems while ultimately pushing the design forward.
- Mastery and deep understanding of Unity for mobile game development
- Strong 2d skills, but a mastery of showing ideas and clearly communicating a wide range of possibilities within the engine.
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and can take the lead on strike teams, features, or lead projects.
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter.
- Deep understanding of asset pipelines and how to implement art into a game-engine like Unity. Understanding of how to optimize games content for memory and performance
- Flexible, and adaptable to changing and evolving needs of a live product.
- Basic understanding of animation in games, and the ability to support a pipeline with FX and/or 2d animations.
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
Valuable Additional bonus Skills
- 3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
- If you have more advanced experience in animation
- If you have knowledge in other game engines, and/ or typical development and/or scripting languages
- Understanding creation and proper usage of performant shaders in Unity on mobile.
- Graphic Design background- in addition to working on new and exciting games in the casual mobile space, we also continue to support our variety of Word games on the market.
- Ability to work with internal and external artists and outsource companies
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Peoplefun