Peoplefun Richardson, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market, and have a great time doing it.
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented Game Artist who has a passion for games, especially in the casual/mobile space. This position requires someone with a range of artistic ability to maximize their effectiveness to help solve issues in a variety of areas across Art. This artist will specialize in concepting and creating art used for prototyping and communicating ideas. Its imperative that you also have the ability to quickly put nicely rendered assets into the engine to iterate with the team. Youll work on game features for our existing projects that are seen by millions and millions of players every day. You will be an integral part of the pipeline, and should be able to design, and create awesome looking endearing graphics. You will be surrounded by passionate people who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every day.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Ability to quickly create concepts/ motion graphics/ and playable prototypes, that can eventually become fully realized in polished gameplay sequences.
- Cross discipline collaboration from initial concept through prototype and release
- Natural affinity towards 2D User Interface art for mobile games
- Great communication skills and desire to collaborate and push ideas
- 3+ years prior professional experience as an artist developing games
- Excellent Technical abilities, and ability to collaborate and solve problems while ultimately pushing the design and engine forward with your teammates/ other developers.
- Highly collaborative. Experience working with other artists and developers, and has the potential to take the lead on strike teams, features, or even projects some day
- Take initiative and will help maintain a vision for a game, understanding that following through with memorable game experiences is a collaborative effort
- A passionate, performance-driven self-starter
- Strong 2d skills, but a mastery of showing ideas, and sketching out and clearly communicating a wide range of possibilities
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Be passionate, and love the games you are helping to create. Understand the market and the broad audience that we are reaching with PeopleFun games, and be able to create artwork that continues to grow and evolve in that space.
- Understanding of art pipelines and how to implement art into a game Engine.
- MUST have a portfolio with work samples that illustrate your expertise in your craft, and have shipped quality games in the mobile space.
- Actively seeks out additional ways to learn and grow.
- Flexible, and adaptable to changing and evolving needs of a live product
- Mastery and deep understanding of Unity for Mobile game development
- Graphic Design background- in addition to working on new and exciting games in the casual mobile space, we also continue to support our best-in-class Word and Puzzle games.
- Interest in player behavior and player experience, with a Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, interactive design
- Deep mobile market knowledge
- 3d skills in 3dmax/ Maya or similar 3d software
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-site gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.