Cyber Transport Specialist (#1949549)
PeopleTec Huntsville, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PeopleTec is seeking a Cyber Transport Specialist to perform duties in support of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in the National Capital Region.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of a team to review and assess all cyber-related issues for networks, systems, and applications supporting mission-critical operations. The Cyber Transport Specialist will also review and assess the telecommunications infrastructure that supports the customer's missions, and any facilities and organizations they support, to determine the vulnerabilities of an organization and its supporting facilities to include equipment and routing, from a communications perspective, and their ability to complete all assigned missions from a communications perspective. The Cyber Transport Specialist will also provide vulnerability mitigation recommendations.
- Broad knowledge and working-level operational experience with commonly used DoD data and voice networks and transmission systems
- Extensive knowledge with configuration, operation, and management of the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and other DoD and commercial terrestrial and satellite communications systems and networks
- Demonstrable experience in military command and control operations and support of DoD C4I systems including identifying critical mission systems, their vulnerabilities, and the impact of broader strategic, operational, and tactical implications on higher DoD or National level missions
- Demonstrate current knowledge of and familiarity with the following:
- Fiber optic distribution systems o Optical transport networks o SONET/SDH, ATM, IP, and TDM protocols, equipment and networks
- Communication Security/encryption systems and methodologies
- Multiple DoD and commercial networks, architectures, and satellite communication systems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to prepare presentations, reports, and white papers for vertical and horizontal briefing requirements.
- Experience with Cisco switch/router configuration and deployment and interconnection of various network architectures.
- Travel: 35%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
- Candidates require a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 7 years of demonstrable experience (an additional 4+ years of related.
Physical Job Requirements:
- The ability to lift up to 25 lb is required. The physical ability to install, inspect and maintain computer systems, networks, and wiring in enclosed spaces is also required.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Network+ or equivalent certification.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certified (Security+, CCNA Security, SSCP
- Possess 3-5 years (or more) operational experience in the military, other Federal Government, or comparable civilian position in Cyber transport operations
- Previous Cyber Transport vulnerability assessment experience
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly-skilled workforce.
Culture: The name "PeopleTec" was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing-education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our "People First" benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at PeopleTec