Sr. HR Manager
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions Blacksburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Act as a strategic partner with assigned customers through understanding desired business outcomes required at a tactical and strategic level using data driven HR business insights to provide solutions and recommendations to management.
- Partner with leadership to drive a culture that is diverse, inclusive, and drives ethical behavior, collaborating with leaders to instill a culture of safety & health throughout the organization, including continuous improvement of safety standards. Help drive business success by reviewing and analyzing HR metrics to monitor performance and identify actionable trends.
- Partner with leaders to identify top talent and succession candidates, and support the succession planning process at the business unit level. Mitigate human capital related business risks and support compliance activities. Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to translate strategy into an executable plan.
- Provide guidance and coaching to management in the delivery of compensation programs like annual salary planning, incentive compensation nominations and internal equity.
- Provide guidance, support, promote and implement key performance management initiatives including, goal setting, mid-year and annual-review process, promotions, demotions, performance improvement plans and organizational changes.
- Partner with managers and senior leadership on the administration of Collective Bargaining to include: grievance process, representing company at mediation and arbitration hearings, responding to ULP (unfair labor practices), contract negotiations, partnering with managers and coaching them on labor responses and issues.
- Assist in the continued development of a professional business/customer relationship with the local Army Command organization that owns the facility.
- Partner with legal team in response to ULP/EEO/DFEH charges and ethics complaints, disciplinary actions, terminations and affirmative action complaints.
- Oversee the employee relation investigative process to include providing direction, coaching, counseling to HR team, as well as leading complex investigations. Will be the site point of contact (POC) for partnering with senior leadership and security in the direction of disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Partner with training manager and training department in the development and implementation of workforce development training programs.
- Develop and lead key HR business partner competencies within the HR team. Lead the HR team with a clear vision and empower employees with clear roles, responsibilities and accountability.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Collaborate and direct the support of the HR Centers of Excellence and all elements of the HR delivery model to ensure the delivery of excellent HR services and programs to address critical business needs and employ effective measures of success, especially in the areas of short-term and long-term disability, annual benefit enrollment and ADA compliance.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in the areas of human resources, organizational development, industrial psychology or other business related disciplines
- At least 10 years progressive experience in the field of human resources, especially in a manufacturing or DOD environment.
- Strong labor relations experience. Experience working in a unionized working environment and managing the company/union relationships at a manager or higher level.
- Strong business acumen.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong employee relations experience.
- Trusted advisor that exhibits sound interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision making judgement while complying with policies, procedures, state and federal regulations.
- Good analytical skills.