Senior System Architecture Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Scope of Position
As the Senior System Architecture Engineer, you will support systems engineering tasks such as requirements development and management, architecture development, interface development, formal decisions and trade studies, and system design development, specialty engineering integration, and verification and validation.
- Coordinate and facilitate architecture development in Systems Modeling Language (SysML) model of assigned system, subsystems, and components.
- Develop and maintain interface requirements and interface design information for assigned sub-system, system and components in SysML model.
- Responsible for developing and managing subsystem and component level performance specifications by managing requirements in a SysML model or requirements repository.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining requirements traceability in the SysML model or requirements repository.
- Coordinate and facilitate formal decisions and trade studies to drive design and document results.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments in SysML model.
- Support the execution and monitoring of cost, schedule, risk, and Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) delivery.
- Coordinate Systems Engineering (SE) activities within assigned team IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Develop and maintain requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts. Provide Systems Engineering input to support vehicle level Systems Engineering activities and program milestone reviews.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience with SysML methodology and tools, preferably have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Experience and knowledge of computer systems and processors, logic devices, interfaces, and high-level understanding of operating systems.
- Experience developing architecture concepts and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to generate System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and capability assessments per the program statement of work (SOW).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant engineering field from an accredited university with the following:
- 4+ Years with BS
- 2+ Years with MS
- 0+ Years with PHD
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with military vehicle systems
- Experience with SysML in Cameo Modeler (MagicDraw)
- Experience with DOORS requirements management tool.
- Experience with Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus strategies and implementation, and other relevant networks and protocols.
- Have and maintain INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) certification.
- Leadership and mentoring of younger engineers.
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at PeopleSuite Talent Solutions