Quality Assurance Manager
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions Landover, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
One of the primary responsibilities of this role is the maintenance and development of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Food Safety and Quality Certification. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the product quality, raw material quality, and regulatory requirements for the Maryland Facility. Directly responsible for assuring and enabling the compliance and continuous improvement of the quality of all EOC product material, manufacturing processes, and finished products including the supporting systems and processes. Jointly responsible for and provides the Operations leadership consumer/customer-based product improvement and product development initiatives.
Finished Product Quality: Manage the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of EOC finished products against established standards. Document data, evaluate results and provide appropriate feedback to operating employees including corrective action and product disposition on quality-related decisions.
Food Safety: Directly responsible for maintaining and improving the BRC GFSI program. Accountable for implementing and leading all food safety, food defense, and FSMA regulatory programs for the site.
Material Quality & Operating Environment: Evaluate raw and packaging materials for adherence to standards and end-use requirements. Audit operating environment for compliance to GMP standards. Document data, evaluate results, and provide appropriate feedback to operating employees including corrective action and disposition for non-compliant materials and conditions.
Quality Department Leadership: Direct responsibility for the leadership, management, supervision, and development of EOC Quality Department employees. Apply six sigma and lean methodologies to quality systems. Act as an integral part of the plant management team, providing leadership towards QA goals.
Quality Reporting: Develop and publish recurring and on-time quality reports that communicate quality results, findings, trends, issues, opportunities, and achievements in both graphical and narrative formats in an effective and timely fashion.
Organizational Capability: Enable a significant transfer to and the effective application of quality-related tools, skills, and knowledge by EOC operating managers and operators that improve overall operating effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities: Provide direct support for the acquiring and effective application of coffee expertise and quality-related tools, skills, and knowledge by EOC operating employees that improve overall operating effectiveness. Assess the level of quality-related knowledge and skills demonstrated by operating employees.
Improvement Initiatives: Experienced in Lean manufacturing. Direct responsibility to plan, coordinate and manage a variety of quality-related projects within the quality function and across the factory floor. Support the identification & pursuit of a continuous stream of improvement initiatives on an individual, team member & team leader basis that improve operationally and business performance.
Individual Development: Identify & pursue specific initiatives that improve the skills, knowledge and capabilities that improve individual performance effectiveness in current and future roles.
Supervision & Facilitation Skills: Supervises all Quality Assurance Specialists at the specific plant location. Conducts internal quality testing, including sensory evaluation to ensure product quality with both finished products. Reviews consumer complaints. Be the Food safety advocate for plants. Works with the leadership team to provide recommendations for overall quality improvement bases on data analysis and auditing results. Provides shift supervision with the Production Supervisor. Makes independent quality decisions based on product expertise and sensory skills experience.
- Bachelors degree preferably in Engineering, Food Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years experience in a regulated food manufacturing environment and working familiarity with GMP standards.
- Background with statistical Process Controls/ISO 9000 process improvement programs, lean sigma and/or continuous improvement initiatives required and British Retail Consortium(BRC)
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance
- Experience with FDA, food industry manufacturing standard and best practices, and international Quality Systems rules, regulations, including planning and implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities
- The ability to take initiative to maintain confidentiality to meet deadlines and to work in a team environment is essential
- PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, Access database. Presentation-PowerPoint, documentation
- unquestionable character and integrity
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at PeopleSuite Talent Solutions