To support production through equipment reliability and reduction of downtime through leadership and guidance to the maintenance team while assisting with trouble-shooting, scheduling and maintaining our CMMS system. Respond to daily equipment trouble and assist in troubleshooting, evaluation and trouble reporting and assist maintenance manager in tracking equipment downtime and trouble history and prioritize maintenance activity, including PMs, Overhauls, and Replacements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, propose and implement maintenance activities and projects to improve profitability, machine reliability, and productivity.
- Support departmental functions with technical understanding and know-how, as well as supporting maintenance associates with skill development and equipment improvement ideas.
- Daily activities include interfacing with maintenance associates, maintenance manager, and production managers/supervisors to resolve production machine issues.
- Supervision of contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Maintains computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Make sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations.
- Act as technical expert for internal and external customers.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience in both sustaining and improving multiple processes
- Strong electrical trouble-shooting experience
- 3-5 years supervision experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a dynamic and “hands on” environment
- Project management experience from start to finish
- Working knowledge of TPM, root cause analysis, predictive and preventive maintenance systems, and visual plant concepts
- Controls experience (Allen Bradley PLC, HMI/MMI, VFDS, Siemens)
- Lean background and experience…Kaizen, Poke-Yoke, 5S, Kan Ban, etc.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with machining and foundry equipment
- BS Degree preferred. Background in Maintenance and maintenance supervision as well as strong leadership skills required