- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scope of Position
Fast Growing Aerospace Companys growth has created a fully benefitted career opportunity for an accounting professional to grow in a defined career path as a Controller. The position reports directly to the Controller. This position helps plan, develop, implement, and maintain the accounting controls and corresponding reporting systems required to properly record accounting transactions in a consistent manner. The position. which comes with a competitive salary and benefits, is located in the Central Valley.
- Under the direction or the Controller, helps to oversee the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the companys performance.
- Aides in production of the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Processes biweekly payroll in ADP.
- Manages accounts payable processing.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with controller and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Full knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent understanding of governmental guidelines, tax laws that affect the company.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Oversee financial report presentations.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in ADP and AP required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
- Five years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
In order to comply with the Executive Order issued on Sept. 9, 2021 that outlined the requirements for Covid-19 vaccinations for Federal employees and contractors providing services to the government, all associates employed by the company will be required to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from Covid-19 or have requested and been accepted a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief by January 4, 2022. Job applicants should be aware of this requirement when seeking employment with this company.
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at PeopleSuite Talent Solutions