Our RN positions are located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. $10,000 sign-on bonus for qualifying RN specialties.
Altru Health System offers challenging and rewarding nursing career opportunities. We are seeking committed, motivated and compassionate nurses to join our team.
Newly licensed graduates and experienced RNs are welcome!
Many specialties and shifts are open in both hospital and clinic settings.
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision, 401K (matching and immediate vesting), 24 days of PTO for full-time employees, and tuition reimbursement.
Are you ready to make a change that will help bring your nursing skills to the next level?
Do what you love. Make a difference improving health and enriching life. Join our team.
Altru Health System is a physician led, community owned, not-for-profit, fully integrated health system. More than 210 physicians representing 44 specialties serve a referral population which exceeds 225,000 people in Northeast North Dakota and Northwest Minnesota. We are proud members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
Your Essential Job Functions as a Registered Nurse:
- Performs and documents assessments as stated on patient care guidelines/patient care plan and/or as patient condition requires.
- Ensures health history is completed using information from patient/patient's family and previous medical records.
- Provides patient care, which is appropriate to the patient diagnosis, symptoms and physician orders, following hospital policies and procedures.
- Identifies discharge planning and education needs as early as possible upon admission, documents and plans in order to meet those needs.
- Identifies significant changes or high risk situations in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in reporting, consultation, and documentation.
- Monitors patient care guidelines/patient care plan with patient and patient's family, as needed to help patient achieve their expected daily outcomes.
- Communicates patient progress and accurately documents on the patient care guideline/patient care plan using it as a basis for concise report at the end of the shift.
- Demonstrates knowledge of location and use of basic and special equipment and performs equipment monitoring and set-up per established guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity.
- Assesses unit staffing needs for on-coming and future shifts, communicates changes in staffing requirements based on unit workload and patient acuity's, utilizing unit guidelines and assigns admit/transfers based on patient acuity level and nurse/patient ratio.
- Assists with coordination and preparation of patient transfer.
As a Registered Nurse, your requirements are:
-Valid RN license
-You are required to successfully complete the functional assessment