As an Truss Plant worker/General Helper, you will commonly use hand tools, including squares and levels. Truss Plant Workers/General helpers will fasten truss plates together.
They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
Truss Plant Worker/General Helper Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand tools to fabricate, cut, and install the framework
- Helping place and secure wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, and finishing work
Being able to show up, on time, ready to work.
- Assemble pre cut wooden parts to build trusses and similar supports or wall sections used in building construction. Must be able to follow supervisor's instructions and blueprint specifications
- Place metal reinforcement plates over connecting joints and connects parts at joints, using hammer, screwdriver, or pneumatic staple gun
- Verify dimensions of precut parts and accuracy of assembly, using ruler and gauges
- Ability to read tape measure and ruler
- Must have experience in building trusses
- Must be able to build trusses to specs
- Carpenter experience preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
- Subject to drug test and background check
Why Work Here?Connecting People and Work
Flexibility, Entry Level