As a Tile and marble setter, you will meet with clients to discuss their tilling needs, order stock supplies, cut tiles and marble to size, and install tiles and marble fittings to specification.
To ensure success as a Tile Setter, you should have basic knowledge of tiling and marbling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills.
- Measuring the area that must be tiled or marbled to determine stock requirements.
- Cutting and shaping tiles or marble to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles or marble according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
- Processing work invoices.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Tile and Marble Setter.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
Why Work Here?PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today.
Connecting People & Work
Rancho Cucamonga, CA