Staffing Specialist Job Description
The Staffing Specialist’s job is extremely fast-paced, interactive, and filled with lots of variety. You will greet new candidates and assist them through our application and onboarding process. You’ll coordinate things like background checks, drug screens, and E-verify. You’ll conduct interviews getting to know our new candidates’ skills, background, and interests – and based on what you learn, will identify appropriate job opportunities for your new hires. You will prepare each individual for their assignment from confirming safety equipment, offering additional training, or giving the associate the information they need in order to perform their new job successfully. You’ll continue to grow your relationship with your associates to ensure they remain productive employees – adding value to our clients; and working directly with our clients to be certain they’re needs are met.
In addition you will call customers to generate repeat sales and/or set sales appointments, work with associates to see that they are enrolled in our text/app technologies, follows up with customers on outstanding invoices, work with our payroll team, and much more!
The kind of person that will be amazing in this job:
- Will be a true self starter.
- Will thrive in a very fast-paced and demanding environment. There are no slow days. Your “multi-tasking” skills will be put to the test as you juggle multiple requests and regularly face unexpected challenges that don’t have easy answers.
- Is someone who can take a few deep breaths and shake it off when emotions get high. If you’re more reactive, or tend to take things personally, you’re not going to find happiness in this job.
- Will have excellent and professional phone and written communication skills. This position is highly interactive speaking with employees, internal team members, and clients.
- Is someone who is tech savvy. Ability to learn several computer systems/programs unique to the staffing industry, texting platforms, job placement applications, and social media.
What skills drive your success?
- Three years’ customer service experience and/or recent education or military experience.
- Experience and/or interest in HR-related tasks (onboarding, interviewing, staffing, etc.).
- One year’s appointment setting, retail sales, B2B sales. Telemarketing, payroll, operational process experience also works. Fast-paced, customer focused job skills recognized.
- High school diploma or GED required but more education is great.
- Must have valid driver's license and a car that can be used for work.