While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical part. The employee is frequent exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Clean, scrap, trims and fillet products.
- Open and remove raw material and places on belt.
- Segregate product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size and places product in containers or on designated conveyors.
- Discard cull (inferior or defective) items and foreign matter.
- Pack product in boxes, barrels, baskets, or crates for storage shipment.
- Operate machine(s) to move live or packed seafood from place to place.
- Review workspace for cleanliness and safety.
Qualifications & Experience
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or over up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus.