Retro - Commissioning Engineer (Professional Engineer or EIT)
Retro-Commissioning Engineer performs technical activities on assigned design and retro-commissioning projects including technical studies, investigations and designs. The Retro-Commissioning Engineer assists the project team in the production of projects that are on-time, within budget and of the utmost quality. The Retro-Commissioning Engineer will provide assistance with analyses related to energy performance of buildings and systems and assists in implementation of identified energy cost savings opportunities, and other retro-commissioning responsibilities. Approximately 10-30% travel is required for this position.
We are looking for engineers with large hospital and/or school project experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a Mechanical Emphasis from a four year ABET accredited college or university.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure or equivalent work experience. Engineer-in-Training (EIT) on path to earning Professional Engineer (PE) Licensure will be considered.
- 0-3 years of analytical/design experience of various energy consuming systems including HVAC systems, control systems, lighting systems, boiler systems, chilled water systems, motors, compressors, etc.
- 0-3 years of Retro-Commissioning or commissioning-related experience with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, automatic temperature control systems, and/or testing, adjusting, and balancing.
- Knowledge and application of various energy codes and ASHRAE standards is preferred.
- CEM, CHFM, HFDP and LEED Accredited Professional Certification preferred.