Quality Assurance Technician (Food manufacturing)
Assists the company’s operation on a technical level to assure the safety and quality of all finished products starting from receiving raw materials, through preparation, to shipping. This is to be accomplished by enforcing and assuring the company’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and other duties as assigned.
Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• It is required that this position actively supports company and all employees and customers in a positive, respectful manner. Possess a willingness to work harmoniously with others to get a job done.
• Conducts and records Pre-Op and Post-Op inspection of equipment and facility. Ensure allergen SOP is observed
• Observe production and warehouse crews for GMP / SOP compliance
• Checks pouch and bottle seals, weights, lot codes & legibility of code and records results
• Conducts Brix & pH tests on products and records results, conducts visual inspection of finished products
• Verifies traceability information regarding lot & batch codes on packaging
• Communicates with Operations Manager, Shift Supervisor, and Food Safety Manager
- 3-4 years Quality Control experience or highly dependable candidate
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Prior experience in food Quality Control a plus
- Background in food production/warehouse
• High school education or equivalent, a plus
• Able to understand and follow directions and instructions
• Training in GMP’s, basic HACCP, and identification and monitoring of allergens
if you have further questions please call 559-243-7470