The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Pay Center Specialists and Clerks of the Pay Center Team in payroll preparation/processing. This position will support daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll schedules for the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada for associates. The Pay Center Supervisor reports directly to the Pay Center Manager and is based in a field region branch office located in the United States.
The Pay Center Supervisor supports, motivates, trains, retains and holds accountable the staff that ultimately delivers shareholder value.
TrueBlue is a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions helping clients improve growth and performance by providing staffing, recruitment process outsourcing and managed service provider solutions. Our specialized workforce solutions meet client’s needs for a reliable, efficient workforce in a wide variety of industries. TrueBlue connects as many as 750,000 people and work each year. For more information, please see our most recent Investor Presentation and Form 10K at www.trueblue.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provides leadership and direction to the Payroll Team. This includes developing, mentoring and coaching staff.
· Supervises the administration and operating procedures for assigned tasks.
· Proactively addresses issues and partners with key stakeholders to minimize exposure.
· Drives process improvement initiatives.
· Works closely with Payroll Manager and Payroll Lead on daily tasks and projects.
· Creates and maintains standard operating procedures.
· Interacts with employees, vendors and customers to help answer their questions.
· Communicates regularly with internal payroll members, HR, Legal, Operations and other departments.
· Supports quarter-end and year-end wage auditing and reporting requirements.
· Assists Payroll Manager with managing the budget spending each month.
· Supports other departments in interpreting what was charged to their budget, and helps to resolve any discrepancies.
· Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
· Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Related experience with a multi-state organization.
· Functional knowledge of Federal and State Human Resources regulations.
· Knowledge of Payroll principles, practices and procedures.
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and ability to persuade an audience.
· Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse employee population.
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects independently, and meet deadlines under pressure.
· Basic knowledge of laws pertaining to record keeping, multi-state taxes and garnishments, overtime and minimum wage rules.
· Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels of management and employees.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make decisions.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as resumes and procedure manuals.
· Valid driver’s license.