We are looking for skilled carpenters and carpenter helpers to work on commercial construction sites throughout Connecticut. Pay is competitive!
Job Requirements/Physical Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in carpentry in a commercial construction setting.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Qualified candidates will own basic hand tools.
- OSHA 10 Required within 5 years
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the job site
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
- Metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Cutting materials using different tools without errors
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Placing and securing wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work.
- Measuring, cutting and fitting drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings
- Positioning and securing drywall sheets to metal or wooden studs
- Cutting and installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Filling joints, holes and cracks with compound using a trowel and broad knife
- Smoothing out excess compound and sanding over dry compound
Apply now with your resume for immediate consideration, or call 860-528-0133 and ask to speak with a Trade Recruiter
People Ready Skilled Trades
290 Roberts Street, Suite 101
East Hartford, CT 06108