Peopleready® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a contract opportunity to work as a Journeyman Electrician starting in Hidalgo County TX and moving to Cameron County TX!
This is a contract position that requires journeyman electrician certification. Must have solid skills in troubleshooting and a good knowledge of proper safety procedures. Will be running conduit wiring for new security scanners being installed. Main job duties involve making repairs and troubleshooting issues. Must have solid training and experience.
- Test electrical systems using tools that include voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to determine where issues may be occurring, the safety of the system and to ensure compatibility.
- Document actions, testing results, observations, final diagnosis of the situation and steps taken to resolve issues for each job or situation.
- Repair electrical issues by replacing or installing components, wiring or devices.
- Determine the steps necessary to assess an electrical situation using testing devices, blueprints and maps.
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to all company guidelines and OSHA safety requirements and also through reporting violations of policies, procedures and guidelines to immediate supervisor
- Use ladders, scaffolding, platform and lifts to work on electrical systems in residential homes, on roadside poles and in commercial properties.
- Answer emergency calls quickly, assess the safety of the situation upon first arriving at the scene and provide directions to individuals affected by the electrical emergency to ensure their continued safety and comfort.
- Maintain equipment to ensure it is in good condition and can operate or be used safely; report any issues to immediate supervisor.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Current and valid Journeyman Electrician Certification is required.
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code and local codes.
- Valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Must pass extensive screening process.
- Requires flexibility in hours of availability (10 to 12 hour shifts running 7a – 7p), and pay rate will be based on experience.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
Why Peopleready? As a Peopleready candidate, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities because of our expansive network of client companies.
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career.
Interested candidates need to apply online at www.peopleready.com