People Ready is hiring for a Water treatment plant in Humble Texas. We are looking to hire experienced Carpenters. Please reply to this ad with your resume for more information.
Job Title: Carpenter
Primary Purpose: Construct, erects, and installs forms for new structures and repairs of existing structures using carpenter's hand tools and power tools.
- Study/ review blueprints, sketches, or plants for information pertaining to type of form work required, such as lumbar or steel forms and dimensions of structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Selects specified types of lumbar or other materials.
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing, square, and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cuts and shaped material and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins or bolts and nuts.
- Verifies trueness of forms with plumb bob and carpenters level.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladder for assembling above from work ground level.
- May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- Workers should be able to work with precise standard or accuracy.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured and checked.
- Be able to use hands, arms, and fingers fully
- Be able to climb and maintain balance on ladder
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl, or work at required heights
- Lift and carry objects weighing 50- 100 pounds and occasionally move
- Be able to pass a pre employment drug test
If interested Please reply to this ad with your resume for more information.