Duties will include assisting the production manager to lead a team of employees to safely execute manual tasks required to produce and pack frozen finished products. This role will be responsible for leading, developing and training teams to meet and exceed production and quality targets.
Specific tasks that this individual would be expected to perform include:
- Assist in providing training and employee coaching to achieve quality and efficiency goals.
- Work with supervisors to identify solutions based on joint problem solving.
- Work with FSQ manager to ensure proper execution of SOP's and G.M.P's that include but are not limited to: meat temperature verification, finished product net weight check, metal detection validation & calibration.
- Oversee and maintain a clean, sanitary work environment following FSQ & USDA guidelines.
- Help develop and manage employee break schedules on a continuous basis .
- Identify and incorporate customer orders and truck load requirements into work flow.
- Maintain familiarity with pre-operation processes and post-operation processes.
In addition to supervising the tasks above, the assistant manager will also be responsible for developing and coaching team members to achieve goals and improve their performance. The assistant manager will also be responsible for managing team conflicts and providing performance feedback. In the absence of the production manager, the assistant manager is expected to take charge and act as the sole leader of the production team