The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing support to the Branch Manager by assisting with daily operations and sales for a location and works as a champion and advocate for the customer experience and service quality. Works on sales, order management, recruitment, operational excellence, and the delivery of well-matched, reliable and safe associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees the Staffing Specialists on day-to-day tasks and provides guidance when Branch Manager is not available.
- Assists Branch Manager with outbound sales and recruiting efforts, as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to existing customers and our associates.
- Takes inbound orders from new and existing customers and enters them into the system.
- Proactively contacts customers to provide quality customer service and handles customer issues.
- Assists with the development of customer relationships through high-volume telephone contact; this includes resolving customer problems, escalating concerns, and price quoting within the assigned parameters of authority.
- Proactively recruits for new associates.
- Calls customers to generate repeat sales; leverages customer relationships to drive value.
- Performs job site visits as needed.
- Executes against action plan to improve branch performance as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Reaches out to customers to make sure they are satisfied with the assigned associates.
- Acts with urgency to ensure that customer and associate needs are met.
- Understands the requests of the customer and delivers the best fit when dispatching; ensures that dispatch decisions do not adversely affect individuals in a protected class; when needed, perform high volume outbound phone calls and messaging via our work alert technology to find qualified workers when trying to fill a job order.
- Assists Staffing Specialist with Associate match and dispatch, utilizing tools to find the best associate match for open positions. Collects work tickets and resolves work ticket issues.
- Communicates importance of associate safety to associates and customers at every touch point.
- Engages with existing associates and ensures satisfaction and safety.
- Assists Staffing Specialist with processing payroll for associates in a timely manner according to the payroll process parameters.
- Assists Staffing Specialist with ensuring personal protective equipment is in good condition prior to loaning it to the associates and that it is collected back from the associates at the end of their shift.
- Adheres to standard operating procedures and protocol.
- Safety, Compliance and regulatory accountability. Creates a culture of safety. Proactively takes actions to contribute to lowering WSR.
- Seeks ways to streamline processes for operational efficiency and excellence.
- Contributes to the success of the team through positive, professional interaction and communication with others.
- Enhances both the customer and worker experience.
- Supports company values of integrity and respect through actions and commitment.
- Reinforces and promotes a work culture that places emphasis on worker safety being #1.
- Champion for diversity and inclusion – consistent with TrueBlue’s commitment and core values.
- Technical Skills and Competencies
- Results Orientation
- Self-motivated and has the ability to deliver.
- Process driven and systematic approach to improving operational performance
Communication and Change Management
- Strong communicator. Ensures all channels of communication are leveraged to drive seamless results and to build strong relationships
- Articulate in presenting his / her views in an effective and convincing manner for buy in.
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Execution and Operational Excellence
- Basic knowledge in using MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High standards of quality and timelines
- Hands on and ability to independently execute
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years customer service and/or sales experience.
- Experience with payroll and operations preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and ability to persuade an audience.
- Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse employee population.
- Ability to market and sell the company’s value proposition.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to work well under pressure.
- Very positive attitude and the ability to be empathetic and flexible.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as resumes and procedure manuals.
- Valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and/or hear for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal ID: 8730 Sepulveda Blvd, North Hills, CA, 91343, USPandoLogic. Keywords: Payroll Specialist, Location: North Hills, CA - 91343