PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Using welding/cutting equipment and various power and hand tools, the welder performs a variety of shop and shipboard welding trade functions. These functions include the repair and/or removal of old structural materials; the installation of new structural materials and complete fabrication of complex structural, mechanical and equipment foundations. Works under direct supervision and performs related work as required.
- Weekly Pay
- Overtime Possible
- Great Pay
- Long- Term Contract with large government contractor
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies basic welding processes to join, surface, fabricate, or repair parts of metal or other weldable materials;
- Qualified in basic Shielded Metal Arc (SMAW) for various combinations of steel in all positions, Gas Metal Arc (GMAW) for aluminum (spray and pulsed transfer), Gas Tungsten Arc (GTAW) for steel or CUNI, NICU, Inconel and various dissimilar metal combinations for pipe welding
- Works from blueprints, engineering sketches, and specification requirements to determine materials and construction process required to fabricate component parts to develop a complete unit as designed;
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools;
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures necessary for the proper removal of old equipment and foundations with minimal damage to surrounding materials.
- Maintain certification in the welding procedure(s) as required by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Fill out Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) forms
- Follow Quality Assurance welding procedures
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures;
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Typically requires 5-10 years related experience.
- High School Diploma or GED, plus technical/vocational training or the equivalent combination;
- Experience working in the marine welding/fitter trade gained through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of welding standards of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and/or FCAW welding procedures.
- Skill to make complete penetration and complete fusion welds.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain a security badge for all military installations and civilian shipyards as needed.
- General Hand Tools
- Welding Machines
- Precision Measuring Instruments
- Pneumatic and Electric Hand Tools
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, written technical instructions and manuals.
- Must possess working knowledge of welding procedures and tools.
- Knowledge of welding shrinkage, welding techniques and physical properties of metal.
- Ability to qualify using welding procedures on plate and/or pipe.
- Must be able to pass Workmanship Inspection training.
- Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets (MDS).
- Able to follow safety procedures.
PeopleReady Skilled Trades DivisionWhy Work Here?
SKILLED WORK WITHIN REACH
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
543 East Indian River Road Norfolk VA 23523Norfolk, VA
ConstructionView all jobs at PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division