Want to get your foot in the door in the shipyard? PeopleReady is now hiring Shipyard Laborers to join our team and start working IMMEDIATELY at various shipyards in the Hampton Roads Area.
- Duties are primarily industrial and safety housekeeping in nature and may include performance of semi-skilled tasks as specified.
- Sweep and remove shipboard and shore debris as directed including sheet metal, metal plate, piping, cable ends, nuts and bolts, welding wire, hardware and/or trash.
- Manually remove paint from fasteners or structures.
- Manually move and transport equipment, furniture and materials.
- Relocate and temporarily fasten to the overhead--temporary air hoses, electrical cables, and flexible ventilation.
- Work in confined spaces (tanks/voids) and assist in operating pumping stations.
- May work from man lifts or similar Aerial Work Platforms (AWP's)
- Able to lift and carry materials weighing up to 60 lbs
- Minimum of 1 year of Laborer/Construction experience
- Must be able to pass a background check to gain access to all local Naval bases
- Must be reliable and willing to work overtime as required
- OSHA 10 Maritime, Firewatch and Respirator Fit certifications required (training will be provided as necessary)
- Weekly Pay!
- Referral Bonus Program!
- Medical/Dental/Vision Group Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary Life insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan