What we're looking for:
• Project Management in roofing (has run jobs or crews is a big plus).
• Computer literate (must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Word, Excel, the Edge, or some type of computerized estimating system).
• Construction background is a plus.
• Edge estimating experience (is an Edge user now) or comparable estimating system experience (not an excel spreadsheet).
• Good communicator.
• Detailed and thorough in planning and execution.
• Team / role / substitute player that will do whatever needs to be done to get the job completed.
• Possesses a high set of moral and ethical standards both in business dealings and in personal life.
• Good math and language (both written and verbally) skills.
• Estimating Cost Standards:
o Adhere to estimating standards and processes. Partner with the Senior Project Estimator to recommend updating cost information to ensure realistic estimates.
o When dealing with complicated projects consult with the Senior Project Estimator regarding set up, tear off labor and or smart labor factor.
o Utilize the Edge Estimating Data Base for all estimating projects.
• Value Engineering:
o Ensure the selection of the most cost-effective options to achieve our client’s objectives.
o Review existing structure and match appropriate system that takes into consideration codes, manufacturers and company capabilities. Always offer value-engineering options.
• Bid Schedule:
o Work in conjunction with assigned Take–off Manager and Account Manager to manage the bid calendar.
o Always communicate if you can’t make a committed date.
o Keep your dashboard current in the Follow-Up system.
• Bid Sign Review:
o Projects over $100,001 signed off by the Estimator of record and Senior Estimator or a VP of the company. Two signatures on final estimate.
o Projects over $250,000 signed off by the Estimator of record, Sr. Estimator and approved by a Vice President. Three Managers must approve and sign off on bids over $250,000. If neither the Sr. Estimator nor a VP is available, then both Estimators need to review the estimate and both sign-off on the bid prior to it being submitted to the client.
• Post Contract Hand-off:
o Pass off estimate to Project Engineers immediately upon securing a new project so they may refine the estimate and develop the production budget.
• Achievement of personal bids to drive the construction department gross profit objective.
• Achievement of personal estimating activity.
• Achievement of personal bids resulting in secured contracts.
What is offered!
Semi-Annual bonus potential based on achieving key results metrics. 10%-25% of salary annual bonus potential; eligible for % there of
• Paid time off available after waiting period.
• Medical, dental, vision, life, and voluntary insurances available after waiting period.
• 401k with Company match available after waiting period.
• Company phone provided.
-We offer reliable pay.
-We offer flexible schedules.
-Our team is dedicated to advocating for your safety.