PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division Norfolk, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Installs insulating materials to shipboard equipment and components. Installs covers using insulating materials. Installs sheet insulation on bulkheads, ventilation ducting and overhead of ship structure. Wires pre-formed fiberglass and calcium silicate pipe covering. Trowels mastic or cement on fiberglass cloth. Fits thermo-block insulation to boiler drums, evaporators and steam turbines. Wires insulation on machinery and provides wire netting for retention and covers. Measures, sizes, and fabricates portable pads using heavy cloth.
- Apply remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment usB.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Work from blueprints or schematics.
- Work safely at all times and recognize and report any safety hazards that exist on the job.
- Minimum of 2 years shipyard experience
- Ability to get onto government facility
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and government background check
PeopleReady Skilled Trades DivisionWhy Work Here?
SKILLED WORK WITHIN REACH
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
300 Ligon StNorfolk, VA
ConstructionView all jobs at PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division