Construction Laborer - $18-19/Hour
PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you the type of person who loves diversity in you work day? We are now hiring for Construction Labor Associates with a real passion for working with their hands to positively chip in at construction jobsites. Construction Laborers can be found on almost all construction sites performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. They are at building, highway, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are demanding and require specialized training and experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly. Although most Associates specialize in a type of construction, such as highway or tunnel construction, some are generalists who perform many different tasks during all stages of construction. To perform their jobs effectively, Construction Laborers should be familiar with the duties of other skilled trades professionals and with the materials, tools, and machinery they use, as all of these workers are part of a team, jointly carrying out assigned construction tasks. A laborer works in varying aspects of the construction field.They move and lift heavy items throughout the construction zone and assist construction workers in finishing projects safely. Additionally, a laborer has experience operating heavy machinery and preparing job sites for construction. Many laborers will assist in managing traffic in construction areas and aid in clean up after the project is completed.We are looking for a crew of efficient, safety-minded Laborers for residential construction development. We have long-term work available for the right candidate in a variety of positions. Applicants should have residential construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $18/Hour - $19/Hour
- Moving, securing, installing, building, and loading or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things.
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training, which we provide
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor.
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site
- Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew
- Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
- Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicle Optional Information.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials Demolition Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather. Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
PeopleReady Skilled Trades DivisionWhy Work Here?
SKILLED WORK WITHIN REACH
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
ConstructionView all jobs at PeopleReady Skilled Trades Division