PeopleReady is hiring for a buyer that has worked on government contracts, specifically DOD. Responsible for procurement of quality material and services that meets specification requirements and will be delivered within schedule and budget requirements.
A. Coordinates procurement of "off the shelf' and "custom" materials, where technical specifications and performance parameters are fairly well documented.
B. Prepares and solicits Requests for Quotes (RFQs); furnishes suppliers with specifications and schedule information, and evaluates received price quotations.
C. Determines potential suppliers' qualifications with respect to facilities, manpower, reliability, quality control, financial status and stability. Reviews previous quality, on-time delivery and cost performance records. Assists in developing supplier facility surveys.
D. Negotiates schedule, price, contractual terms and conditions and other procurement options as required to support statement of work and/or specifications in accordance with the Outline of Authority to Act. Performs and documents price analysis.E. Recommends supplier selections after analysis of pricing, technical compliance, quality, schedule support and verification of Excluded Parties List (EPLS). Obtains reviews, concurrence, and approvals as required by the Purchasing Manual.
F. Writes and reviews purchase orders, research material specifications and delivery requirements based on schedules. Documents purchasing decisions in accordance with the Purchasing Manual. Maintains contract administration requirements throughout the purchase order's period of performance. Processes all correspondence and supplier contracts necessary to close out purchase orders. Facilitates review of initiated transactions to assure accuracy and consistency of processes and procurement documents as required by the Purchasing Manual.
G. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with suppliers and Company personnel. Monitors supplier, Ship Superintendent, Trades and Material Control personnel for resolution of performance problems. Resolves supplier responsible rejections in timely manner.
H. Resolves invoicing issues.
I. Maintains integrity of the procurement process and adherence to Purchasing Manual procedures to ensure compliance with Internal Controls and Government regulations.
J. Maintains updated information on supplier deliveries on a daily basis. Coordinates with suppliers daily, utilizing repair Material Status Report (MSR).
K. Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Typically has a BA/BS in a related field, or AA/AS plus two (2) years directly related experience, or six (6) years directly related experience.
Must have knowledge in the following areas:
1. Basic shipbuilding/ship repair process and materials requirements.
2. Pricing structures for commodity materials.
3. Commodity materials sources.
4. Basic mathematical computation.
5. Basic accounting principles.
6. Inventory control methods.
7. Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) and Export Management System (EMS) requirements
Must possess skill in the following areas:
1. Reading blueprints and ship's drawings desirable. ·
2. Interpretation of technical documentation.
4. Document preparation.
5. Documentation of purchasing decisions. ·
6. Basic use of Microsoft Office products.
7. Personal work-load and time organization..
8. Ability to function in stressful situations.
9. Good business math and interpersonal and communication skills.
A plus if experience in any of the following programs
· Cost Point
· Requisition System/Enterprise Reporting
· Perfect Commerce
· One touch/Supply Chain System
· EPLS – Visual Compliance
· FedEx/UPS – Websites Freight
· Assets – Mil-Spec
· DFAR – Acquistion.gov