Tool and Die Maker
PeopleLink Staffing Solutions Meridian, MS
- Posted: over a month ago
Peoplelink is in urgent need of experienced Tool & Die Makers for an automotive supplier in the Birmingham, AL area. This DIRECT HIRE opportunity is needed for 2nd and 3rd shift. Yes - there's a shift differential! This Tier 1 automotive supplier has a phenomenal work culture reflecting happiness and success. A bar none benefits package, competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, hands on training, and unlimited growth are just a few perks offers to ensure employees feel valued.
**This opportunity is in Birmingham, AL - You must be willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is provided.**
Tool and Die Maker Responsibilities
- Maintain dies and other tooling to produce quality parts to improve processes to increase productivity
- Tig & Mig welding and hand working parts of dies (heat treat of materials)
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on all tooling and fills out the pm sheet and keep PM schedules up to date.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of die work/operations
- Sound understanding and machine knowledge, able to run all tool room equipment including measuring instruments
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Press and Assembly Operations and Quality procedure
- Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Ensure quality product and know quality procedures
- Perform troubleshoot of tooling (in or out of the presses)
- Work to blueprints, CAD data, sketches, and verbal instructions
- Efficiently perform Lock out/Tag out Procedures.
Tool & Die Maker Qualifications:
- 2 year technical degree in relevant field or minimum 5 years of experience in industrial manufacturing industry
- Understanding of draw and trim operations and functions
- Ability to weld and restore tooling to original condition
- Knowledge of stamping and assembly processes is strongly preferred
- Must be willing to relocate to Birmingham, AL