3rd Line Operator
PeopleLink Staffing Solutions
Expired: over a month ago Applications are no longer accepted.
Operate and monitor multiple specialized computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines used in the production of automotive wheel bearings.
Essential Responsibilities (Tasks)
- Follow all company rules and regulations related to environmental, health, and safety.
- Read and follow work instructions and inspection standards to correctly perform operational processes and meet customer product specifications.
- Start-up and shut-down machines according to procedures.
- Operate, monitor, and adjust machines in a grinding, assembly, or broach and turning line via switches, buttons, and displays.
- Supply components to hoppers, indexing poles or conveyors.
- Using hand tools, change worn machine accessories such as grinding wheels, finishing stones, and tool inserts.
- Visually inspect components and parts for defects, sort and disassemble defect parts.
- Measure components and parts with precision dial indicators or other instruments to ensure they meet customer requirements and machines are operating correctly.
- Troubleshoot causes of machine alarms and take appropriate action.
- Record quality inspection data on check sheets.
- Record production information on daily reports.
- Enter inventory transactions using the Bar Code Inventory system.
- Safely use powered material handling equipment such as forklifts, scissors tables, hoists, or pallet jacks to lift and transfer materials from one place to another.
- Observe line operation to detect causes of part defects or specific machine malfunctions and provide machine repair technicians with information.
- Perform machine preventative maintenance such as cleaning or adding oil to reservoirs.
- This list is not inclusive; other job-related tasks may be assigned.
On average, this job requires 4 to 8 weeks of on-the-job training with an experienced trainer to acquire specific job skills. Exact training time depends upon a person’s experience, abilities, and role to be learned (assembler, grinder, turning operator).
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- This job requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Basic mechanical knowledge of computerized machines, gauges, and hand tools
- General knowledge of material handling, manufacturing processes, quality control systems
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals.
- Communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Respond promptly to a sound or light signal when it occurs.
- Concentrate on a task over several minutes without being distracted.
- Arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern.
- Physically move objects safely by using proper lifting techniques.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; vapors or airborne particles; chemicals, vibration, and loud noises.
- Safety shoes, safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves and bump caps for this position must be worn on the production floor. Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
- Jobs on the production floor require a minimum 40-hour workweek. Overtime may be required.
- The pace of work is steady and fast.
Physical Demands of this Job
- Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• This position requires sufficient vision to see details at close range, so the person can pass an inspection test of finished parts and components.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being detailed and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Dependability — Job requires on-time regular attendance according to policy.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Cooperation — Job requires being respectful and considerate to others on the job.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change and variety in work.
PeopleLink Staffing SolutionsElgin, IL
ManufacturingView All PeopleLink Staffing Solutions Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.