We are looking for a high-performing Vice President of Business Development/Sales that will be based in Denver, CO. The successful candidate will meet our client and revenue growth objectives. Responsibilities include developing key growth strategies, tactics and action plans to drive customer acquisition and meet the revenue and client growth objectives for the organization.
Our client offers state-of-the-art, industry-leading cannabis decontamination technology. Their proprietary technology uses a scientifically proven method to reduce yeast, mold, bacteria, coliforms, Aspergillus, and pathogens while protecting the medicinal properties of the plant. They provide on-site services, equipment leases, and rentals to help deliver a finished product that is safe for consumers.
The VP of Business Development/Sales will need excellent communication skills to cultivate and qualify prospects and be the key leader of the team, developing strong relationships with customers from first contact through the close of the deal. If you are motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop key relationships and close customers
- Own and hit/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets, expand the client base and effectively communicate the company’s value proposition through proposals and presentations
- You are a hunter and a closer; hungry, aggressive, creative, and forward-thinking. You can manage contract negotiations, lead sales presentations and deliver signed agreements that take the company to the next level
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks/month
- 5-10 years’ experience in business development
- Experience in the cannabis industry (highly preferred), medical device, pharmaceuticals, or agriculture/agriculture manufacturing
- Experience building out an equipment leasing program
- Strong experience building national/international strategy for channel sales
- Proven experience strategizing national/international expansion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience meeting or exceeding targets and proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Experience building and training corporate sales teams
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization
- Strong prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Business Administration required (MBA preferred)
- Motivation - Set and achieve challenging goals
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com