Position: Solutions Engineer – 3 to 5 years exp. – Enterprise IoT/SaaS
Location: Reno – no relocation/no corp.-to-corp. or sponsorship available.
Our client delivers performance, security and compliance management for Enterprise IoT Applications and Devices. Video cameras, access control systems, intercoms, and other IoT systems typically are managed piecemeal or manually. Their SaaS offering automates the management of these heterogeneous systems to ensure they are working properly and are secure from end-to-end.
As an entry level Solutions Engineer for a complex security solution, you will have sales engineering and deployment responsibilities. You will learn how the product works and be able to articulate what it does in a technical sales support capacity. You will work in tandem with the outside sales and onboarding specialist who will rely on your technical expertise of networking, systems administration, and device management to work towards a close. Part of your activities will also include helping customers get the proper internal technical approvals to install the solution. This sometimes means filling out questionnaires and working with the client’s product teams to get the answers. You will essentially become a super user of the client’s product.
What you’ll do/Primary Responsibilities:
- Partner with Sales and Sales Support to plan, prepare, and execute a proven trial/Proof of concept and onboarding processes
- Validate technical fit for prospects of the client’s solution
- Present client ’s software architecture to prospects and be able to answer questions about how the product works
- Assist in live product demonstrations and inspire customers
- Articulate value of features from a technical perspective to successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Work with sales team members to educate customers on client’s products
What you have/ Qualifications:
- Must have three to five years’ experience working with customers in pre-sales or support capacity
- Previous experience with software deployments and track record of selling complex solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: experience with VLANS, TCP/IP, SNMP, servers and software systems
- Ability to work on multiple project concurrently
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- Must be curious and have genuine excitement for software products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver that is relentless about showcasing the product’s capabilities
Nice to have/Bonus:
- Previous startup experience
- Knowledge of players in the physical security industry
- Previous experience with device management; physical security preferred
- Experience working with APIs and other coding languages
Base salary, flexible hours, PTO, medical insurance, 401k and equity.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume with LinkedIn profile to Karen@PeopleConnectstaffing.com