Director Communications & Marketing – Cannabis/Hemp Industry Experience required
Location: Greater Denver/Boulder area
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing company that is creating some amazing products for the world of agriculture, this maybe the right opportunity for you!
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the Cannabis and/or Hemp industry along with agriculture industry experience.
The Communications & Marketing Director will be responsible to define, create, and implement the short and long-term strategies of marketing.
The qualifications of the right candidate:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related degree; MBA preferred
· 5+ years of strategic marketing experience cannabis, or hemp AND agriculture or horticulture
· 3+ years of leadership experience required, such as lead, manager or above
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including content creation and presentations
· Experience managing a team
· GSD (get stuff done) mindset
· Experience controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines
· Experience presenting to senior management or C-suite with the purpose of influencing company or client decisions
· Experience in Advertising, content creation and market research
· Experience presenting to sales with the purpose of exciting and motivating action
· Experience designing, creating and leading integrated marketing campaigns
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
· Able to provide a portfolio of work you created for communication & marketing
What you will be responsible for:
· Develop strategic marketing and communications plans aligned with company objectives
· Develop and manage company and product branding and messaging for all customer segments
· Define the company message in a communication strategy; ensure consistency and positioning across strategic and tactical elements of all marketing and sales programs
· Direct all marketing initiatives to support sales of current and new products
· Sources, analyzes and interprets market research data, product and customer trends
· Oversee branding initiatives, including website design, marketing campaigns, social media channels, etc.
· Manage all functions associated with marketing, including internal and external marketing publications, product catalog, sales trainings, sales meetings, customer presentation materials, etc.
· Seeks out and create new marketing strategies that engage customers and challenge the status quo
· Manage external partnerships, including PR, advertising, branding firms
· Develop and execute inbound marketing and lead generation strategies
· Drive demand through Account-Based Marketing lead generation campaigns in tandem with the sales team
· Maintain customer database by identifying and assembling marketing initiative information
· Identify customer current and future needs, monitor competitive company messaging, short and long term industry trends
· Oversee public relations strategies, including pitching and promoting the company and management as subject matter experts and managing crises
· Oversee PR firm and activities: press releases, social media, conferences, and webinars
· Maintain strong understating of customer needs by organizing and developing specific customer-relations programs and determining company presence at conventions, trade associations’ collaborations, and seminars.
· Responsible for SEO and SEM, including company website, lead generation engine, marketing automation platforms, etc.
· Develop and maintain the department’s budget, track impact of promotional decisions (ROI), and advise on appropriate allocation of resources for maximum impact
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resumes with LinkedIn profile included to Karen@Peopleconnectstaffing.com
Unlike retained firms, we're old fashioned enough to believe our job is to deliver quality people to you before asking to be compensated. Our recruiters and researchers have years of experience, and use tried-and-true headhunting techniques to identify top candidates. We’re confident in our ability to find the person you need. It’s risk-free for you, because you pay us after we produce results.
PeopleConnect StaffingPeopleConnect's Contingency Plus placement service is for full-time salaried positions. It offers the thorough research, expert leadership and personal attention of a retained search, without requiring you to pay in advance. Unlike retained firms, we're old fashioned enough to believe our job is to deliver quality people to you before asking to be compensated. Our recruiters and researchers have years of experience, and use tried-and-true headhunting techniques to identify top candidates. We’re confident in our ability to find the person you need. It’s risk-free for you, because you pay us after we produce results.