Job Title: Test Engineer/Analyst – Entry Level
Location: Suitland, MD
Our client is seeking a Entry level Test Engineer/Analyst to support the U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. The Application tester will be a member of a team that assists in the testing of new and existing software programs utilizing HP-ALM testing tools.
- Develops test cases, test plans and test software utilizing HP Quality Center and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Implement and execute test cases in HP-ALM test lab module
- Perform load testing utilizing HP-ALM performance center
- Develops automation scripts for testing, including regression testing
- Map applications requirement to test cases and test plans
- Create Enterprise test case template and test plan template
- Consults with project teams and end users to review application requirements and release notes
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Produce and document test results and share it with application stakeholders
- 1-3 years experience utilizing HP-ALM, Quality Center or test Director testing tools
- Experience in testing batch and interactive applications.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) utilizing Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Highly analytical, possessing critical and creative thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team and customers
- Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- 1-2 years PERL and/or Linus shell scripting experience
- 1-2 years Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL experience
- 1-2 years Java experience
- Experience with Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Experience with Serena Business management change management process
- Experience with Geospatial data and data formats a plus
Why Work Here?
Join a high growth organization, that regular sees people grow within the organization.