Maintenance -Residential Repairs
People Working Cooperatively Cincinnati, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
People Working Cooperatively is a truly unique non-profit organization that helps the low-income elderly, disabled, and other residents of the Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Eastern Indiana maintain their homes with critical home repairs and energy conservation services.
All positions will require own reliable transportation, a Valid DL and Auto Insurance. Must have a HS diploma/GED. We offer FT work with Benefits, Vacation, Vehicle Allowance and Mileage. Must be willing to take a: Drug Test, Background and physical- no shots or blood draw.
Performs home repairs in major skill areas of carpentry, and roofing with specialization in one.
Essential Job Objectives
§ Diagnose and troubleshoot in major skill areas.
§ Meet time and budget estimates.
§ Evaluates and develops technical skill of staff.
§ Keep neat and accurate job records (all paperwork) and process it in a timely fashion.
§ Responsible for keeping own tools and equipment in good repair.
§ Follow all safety procedures.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
§ Tool requirements.
§ Experience in home repair, with high quality of craftsmanship, professional manner, and integrity.
§ Proficient in basic reading, writing, and construction math skills.
§ Valid driver’s license and dependable truck/Van transportation.
Education and/or Experience
§ High school education (or equivalent)
- 2 years of related experience preferred
Other Skills/Abilities & Functions
- Technical Skills
- Language Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Construction math skills (read a tape measure, square, product or material instructions, work orders).
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Close and distant vision is required.
- Frequent standing, stooping, walking, bending, crawling, lifting of light to medium objects (up to 50 pounds).
- Work in high and sometimes precarious places.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxics or caustic chemicals.
People Working Cooperatively is supported by more than 90 licensed, professionally trained staff members and administrative professionals. We pride ourselves on hiring the best in the region and are always looking for quality, dedicated individuals with a wide variety of skill levels and experience to join our team.
People Working CooperativelyWhy Work Here?
Full Time work with full benefits and paid holidays and vacation offered. Rewarding position in many ways!
Each year PWC provides thousands of low-income, elderly, and disabled homeowners with a higher quality of living. Our professionally trained staff, along with thousands of volunteers, help Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky residents with critical home repairs, energy conservation and weatherization, mobility modifications, and maintenance services. People Working Cooperatively is supported by more than 90 licensed, professionally trained staff members and administrative professionals. We pride ourselves on hiring the best in the region and are always looking for quality, dedicated individuals with a wide variety of skill levels and experience to join our team.
4612 Paddock RoadCincinnati, OH