The primary responsibilities of the Porter/Groundskeeper involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Porter will also assist the rest of the staff, as directed, in their efforts to manage the property in an efficient manner.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Physically walking the property on a frequent basis and removes litter, debris, cigarette butts and pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times.
- Performs "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily basis. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area. Keeps dumpster/compactor doors closed on windy days.
- Details property on a regular basis. Cleans and rakes shrub areas; shovels mud when necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
Additional Duties Include:
Performs any additional duties assigned by manager, such as but not limited to:
- Laundry room (if applicable).
- Mail rooms (if applicable).
- Pathways to show units/models.
- Stairways and breezeways
- Dumpster areas.
- Recreation areas.
- Grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office.
- Walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
- Parking lots and drives.
Required to wear work boots, dust mask, and gloves as tasks dictate.
An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc. (not provided by the company)
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, jacks, step ladders, full ladders.
- Power Tools: Blowers, power washers, etc.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet. Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
- Bend/Stoop/Squat/Kneel - Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up debris.
- Climb Stairs - Routine duties require access to all levels.\
- Grasp/Grip/Turning - Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
- Finger Dexterity - Handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
Lifting/carrying (supplies, blower, ladders, etc.):
- 25 - 75 lbs. - Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
- 1 - 25 lbs. - Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
Outdoors (66% to 100% of the time), all conditions, often for extended periods of time. PORTER/GROUNDSKEEPER Porter/Groundskeeper (09/01/2017)
Reasoning Development Moderate:
Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally involve minor deviations. Needs ability to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions.
- TB Test
- 10 panel drug screen
- 2 years’ experience (preferred)