Southwest Spirits & Wine, (SSW), was created through a merger in February 2015 between Prairie Creek Beverages and Southwest Distillery. It is based in Dallas, Texas. Southwest is an award-winning production facility and produces over 220,000 cases annually. Our sales and marketing staff support our brand efforts and other company’s brands in (35) states in the USA. Southwest Spirits and Wine is unique company within the wine & spirits industry.
We Produce. We Service. We Market & Sell.
SSW functions on three platforms of services for its own brands and other companies’ products. Along with our production capabilities, we also provide regulatory/compliance and logistic services for our clients. Southwest is an innovative sales and marketing organization that is engaged in all tiers of our industry. We own and produce NUE Vodka, JR Ewing Bourbon, Calamity Gin, Knockmore Irish Whiskey, Title 21 Whiskey, and Manuscript Cellars
We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team. Your Talent & Southwest | A Perfect Pair!
JOB DESCRIPTION – Production Supervisor:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the daily delivery of targeted objectives for customer case fill. Leads the continuous improvement process through training and development of employees. The Production Supervisor is a key stakeholder in building a team culture and positive employee morale within the workforce.
- Helps develop, update and maintain procedures and documentation for all Quality Systems and HAACP methods and paperwork
- Responsible for all raw/pack materials and finished goods processing for Packaged and /or Mix Room operations
- Monitors inventories of material needed in the daily operation
- Actively drives participation and ownership of staff in improving factory KPI’s through team working
- Establishes a mechanism to evaluate the internal climate of the factory and take steps to improve as necessary
- Plans activities for preventive maintenance of equipment
- Continuously reviews line and team performance and adapts the process to achieve the end goal
- Identifies Supply Chain improvement opportunities reduce conversion cost and waste
- Recognizes the potential impact of change on a factory e.g. process, product and people
- Manages the implementation of change i.e. new processes, product, and ways of working
- Effectively communicates change to factory teams to reduce barriers to change
- Monitors performance associated with the change and communication with relevant stakeholders, lessons learned
- Drives Safety and Quality to zero incident achievement within the site
- Accompanies GMP auditors. Recommends and implements action plans to correct deviations noted during audits
- Oversees sanitation of facilities and grounds as Plant Sanitarian
- Coordinate, with production and freezer/warehouse departments, changeovers and moving of equipment to storage
- Manages machine operators, wrap operators, Hand packers and mix personnel in an (non-union) environment across multiple shifts and shift schemes.
- Trains and Develops manufacturing employees giving them the skills to succeed
- Responsible to drive teams to meet targeted objectives for customer case fill
- Supervises & trains sanitation staff in frequency and methods of cleaning
- Ability to work within a business turn around environment
- Knowledge and ability to maintain MSDS for all chemicals used in the Lab and Production and trains employees on their use
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences
- Proven ability to plan, organize, direct, train and motivate a diverse workforce to optimize operational performance
- Ability to maintain flexible hours on short notice and adapt to last minute changes
- Proven experience in managing a seasonal business with large number of temporary employees
- Proven ability to direct the consistent delivery of brand quality as demanded by the business
- History of providing ongoing identification and implementation of cost reduction ideas in a way that does not adversely impact the site operations.
- Experience Three to five years manufacturing experience, preferably in food, pharmaceutical or beverage products
- Previous department or team leadership experience required
- Working experience with order fulfillment, manufacturing, team development and project management is also required
- Basic understanding of tools such as lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO, HACCP etc.
- Knowledge of bottle manufacturing, juice processing and pasteurization a plus
- Spanish a Plus