Software Development Engineer III
- Pay: $65.24/hr
- Length: 1 year+
A Software Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications to help the business be more efficient and provide a better service. Software Developers may be responsible for writing and coding individual programs or producing a brand new software resource. Specifications will be gathered in the form of Functional Requirements Documents and provided to the Software Developer. These requests will be tracked through the Project Management System. This requires the Software Developer to be engaged with the business through the Project Management System to track all communication.
Software Developers also provide third level support of software applications (where applicable). The IT Helpdesk staff will first attempt to address basic user issues. If they are not able to resolve, the Production Support staff (which consists of Software Developers) will attempt to resolve. If they are not able to resolve, then the Software Developers that developed the changes will need to assist with troubleshooting efforts.
Software Developers assist with the testing process. All changes that are made (that can be tested) must go through a QA Testing phase before the changes are deployed to the production environments. During the QA Testing process, the Developers responsible for the changes may be instructed to help QA with bugs that are found. Software Developers that have bugs assigned to them are expected to resolve the bugs with the QA Analyst.
- Reviewing current systems: investigating and fixing bugs reported.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals (if applicable).
- Working closely with IT Management and other software developers in a team environment.
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program code.
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations in a development environment prior to submitting the changes for QA Testing.
- Preparation of documentation and training manuals for users.
- Fulfilling Adhoc report requests.
- Following OWASP and BluePay Secure Coding Best Practices when making changes.
- Specialization of a specific application as well as provides “third-level support” for that application.
- Mid-level developers “own” their respective applications and are expected to work with Product and other Business members on gathering requirements to improve those applications.
- Regular tasks are based on larger project-type requests that on average take 2-6 weeks to complete (but can even take several months).
- Mid-level developers are expected to "stay ahead of" popular trends and propose new ideas for updates to their own applications to Senior and Lead developers for scalability and longevity.
- Experience in Perl development, in a Linux/Apache environment.
- Experience in databases, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Prior experience in payment/financial industries a plus.
- Exposure to PCI/Data Security policies and standards a plus.
- Experience in Linux shell commands and basic system administrative tools a plus.
People Make Uswww. PeopleMakeUs.com