Associate Scientist, Enzyme Analysis
The Associate Scientist will support industrial enzyme development projects while working in a multidisciplinary and fast paced environment, both independently and in a team setting. Will work efficiently to provide results in a set timeframe. Critical thinking and data analysis skills are central to all aspects of this position. Will utilize experience with high throughput assay development, data analysis, and bioinformatics analysis of proteins and genes
· Perform enzyme screening and enzyme activity characterization assays as well as protein quantitation.
· Coordinate technical activities with minimal supervision.
· Summarize, analyze and interpret moderately complex analytical data.
· Achieve successful completion of deliverables with efficiency and adherence to time constraints.
· 2-5 years of experience with biochemical and enzyme assays and analysis
Bachelors or Masters in Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
· MS word and excel a must.
· Experience with HPLC, SDS-PAGE and analysis
· Experience with protein purification, automation liquid handling a plus.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and fast paced environment, independently and in a team setting.
· Excellent organization skills and detail oriented.
§ Highly motivated and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
Must have the following:
§ Hands on experience with biochemical and biophysical characterization techniques
§ Activity and inhibition kinetics analysis
§ Protein quantitation
§ Western blot
§ Thermodynamics of folding/unfolding
§ Solid expertise with purification and chemical characterization of enzymes, in order to participate in
§ Biochemical method development using enzyme expression, enzyme activity screening and assay development.
§ Strong communication skills (written and verbal), as you will be communicating across project teams to ensure clear expectations pertaining to specific timeline in which results delivered to stakeholders.
§ A detailed scientific approach in order to successfully multi-task, achieve targets and integrate new ideas within existing assays and processes per tight deadlines.
§ Proven ability to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision, to hypothesize, design experiments, and draw conclusions.
People Make Uswww. PeopleMakeUs.com