Job Description Summary
An Agile Scrum Master and Team Coach is responsible for guiding the Agile teams by instilling agile practices & methods, raising the performance of agile teams through impediment management, continuous improvement, and process facilitation. Company is early on in our agile journey and is looking for an Agile Coach that can assist with moving us forward in maturity. An ideal candidate has a love for innovation and enjoys applying technology to improve effectiveness and productivity. We are looking for someone who can creatively question the status quo while driving the team to better utilize the core mechanics of Agile. The team moves at a fast pace and the Agile Scrum Master -Team Coach is expected to move at the same speed. The team strives to be open and honest while having a sense of humor the mantra is to have strong opinions but hold them loosely.
- This role will be located in Houston, TX or Bartlesville, OK and candidates will be 100% on site. Candidates are expected to work core working hours.
- Coach team members using Agile Principles to help team mature in agile process
- Works with product owner to ensure a well-groomed Product Backlog for the teams to ensure long term work visibility is maintained
- Assists with internal and external communication while maintaining/improving transparency of information
- Facilitates effective sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, promoting team ownership
- Provides insight into the priorities, through an understanding of technical issues, and identifying dependencies on other teams
- Coaches teams to interact in ways that ensure clear communication of product requirements and team commitments
- Coaches continuous improvement and self-organizing behaviors in the team while promoting the use of agile practices
- Clears the teams impediments and ensures the team is raising and clearing impediments on a daily basis
- Reviews progress, issues and risks and teaches team to conduct problem analysis as well as conflict resolution
- Identifies gaps in knowledge and addresses them through teaching, mentoring, and coaching of best practices across teams
- Measures team sprint success by using standard sprint metrics and drive team efficiency and productivity improvement through data points
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Bachelors degree
- 5-8 years experience in the role of a Scrum Master in an agile environment
- Strong understanding of Scrum, Lean, Kanban and other agile development frameworks
- Strong understanding of Agile Project Management Tools such as Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Demonstrated servant leadership with the ability to foster team engagement and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Problem solver
- Effective change management skills in a fast-paced agile environment
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in a well-organized, concise manner focusing on required key elements to all audience levels.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.