Required Function 1:
Coordinates collection of delinquent customer accounts and reviews customer credit limits to support maximum sales with minimum risk. Performs the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
● Ensure company adherence to corporate credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of credit matters to maintain good customer relations.
● Research credit applications and notify customers of approval/disapproval status.
● Document pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures.
● Establish credit limits for new customers and monitor accounts based on current financial information, business history, and current credit reports.
● Maintain credit records in an organized manner.
● Respond to credit reference inquiries with pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures.
● Initiate, track, and maintain all records/files associated with collection activities for each account to include negotiated payment schedules, telephone call documentation, and collection letters.
● Ensure company adherence to credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations.
● Maintain accurate customer information in appropriate databases according to company procedures.
● Review unapplied cash reports, and work with customers to apply payments accurately.
● Research invoice discrepancies and short-payments to accurately process, issue, and post-credits/debits to customer accounts as necessary.
● Assist in month closing by assuring all appropriate information is data entered into computer and review and update the current aging report for discrepancies and adjustments and/or write-offs.
● Generate electronic copies of permanent accounts receivable reports as required, such as accounts receivable agings.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Education and/or Experience - Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents, financial reports, general legal documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
● Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical situations.
● Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
● Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
● Other Skills and Abilities - Ability to perform investigative and research tasks.
● Other Qualifications - General knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
● Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
● Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
● Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
● Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
● Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
● Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
● Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
● Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
● Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
● Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market.
● Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
● Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
● Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
● Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Completes work in timely manner; Develops realistic action plans.
● Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
● Quality - Follows policies and procedures; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote accuracy; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
● Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
● Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
● Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
● Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
● Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.